HUMANA BIOSCIENCES is a preclinical CRO based at Prologue Biotech, Labège, France. We design, evaluate and validate innovative experimental models for use in drug discovery and development.
Our goal is to improve the predictive value of the preclinical experimental models by using innovative technologies and translational approaches, like human tissues (from patients and healthy controls) as well as animal models in rodents.
We are specialized in 3 therapeutic areas:
- Respiratory Pathologies (COPD, Asthma, IPF)
- Gastro-Intestinal Pathologies (Crohn’s disease, IBS, Gastroparesis)
- Uro-Genital and Renal pathologies (LUTS / BPH , OAB, SUI, Interstitial Cystitis and ED)
Your overall responsibility will be the setting up of innovative and reliable 2D and 3D-cell culture bio-assays using human primary cells from the upper and lower Respiratory tract. Within HUMANA BIOSCIENCES you will be recognized as an expert for such capabilities. You will participate in interactions with appropriate external collaborations in the field. You will also contribute to the conduct of already established in vitro and in vivo assays in other fields (Gastroenterology, Urology).
· Establish advanced 2D-3D cell culture models with focus on human primary cells from the Respiratory and /or Gastro-Intestinal tracts, to study the activity of different drugs candidates in such models.
· Perform scientific experiments in line with research projects and life cycle management activities
· Propose and plan innovative new protocols, methods, models and scientific techniques
· Develop and implement such protocols, methods, models and scientific techniques, as appropriate
· Use complex technical equipment, as appropriate
· Prepare and maintain relevant tissue and or cell models from primary sources.
· Establish relevant QC parameters for experimental results and ensure studies fulfill QC parameters
· Ensure results and raw data are properly recorded and documented on the network group and in laboratory notebooks
· Analyze and interpret results of scientific experiments
· Write protocols and study reports (English)
· Present the results at internal (department, projects) and, if appropriate, external meetings
· Identify and resolve technical problems.
Scout for opportunities to collaborate with external research teams and propose and champion such collaborations internally
Participate in relevant external collaborations and actively develop scientific workplan with external partners.
Represent Humana Biosciences through presentation at relevant international scientific meetings and lectures.
Establish an external network of contacts in the area
Manage established external collaborations in the area, if appropriate.
Transfer experimental knowledge internally to technicians and research assistants.
Organize, supervise and monitor the daily work of technicians and research assistants.
Make proposals for new projects
Conduct literature research in the area of competence
Be aware of competitive environment: research technical and competitive intelligence in literature and, as appropriate, at scientific meetings, while observing HUMANA BIOSCIENCES confidentiality code.
Write articles, abstracts and reviews.
Actively share knowledge with colleagues (literature, information from attended scientific meetings, etc.)
PhD within pharmacology, physiology, or related field
Solid experience with cell culture methods using human primary cells cultures, ideally from the Human Respiratory Tract, is mandatory.
Some experience in vivo using experimental models for the Respiratory and Digestive functions (mice, rats)
At least 4 years’ work experience from a research laboratory.
Good hands-on knowledge of advanced techniques in 2D-3D cell culture methods using human cells.
Ability to build and maintain a strong external network in the area
Good oral and written communication skills
Knowledge of the process of drug discovery and development.
Good organizational skills
Ability to work across functions and in an international environment required.
Ability to work in a team
Ability to oversee internal and outsourced research in area of expertise