As a Commercial Rep, you are responsible for all aspects of any small business commercial accounts including client services and marketing to our facilities. This role is responsible for accounts from beginning to end, from prospect or referral to placing coverage with internal facilities and client management. You also serve as the primary point of contact for these accounts and an existing book of business.
Write your career stories with us and tell us your successful paths
Apply in a few clicks
Identifies specific client risk exposure and develops and presents coverage solutions through our facilities and insurer markets;
• Manages existing book of small business clients (250-300 clients) with a focus on maximizing profitability and expanded sales opportunities using SPS, or APP facilities and service fees;
• Develops and manages client relationships in order to increase penetration sales and cultivate new business opportunities;
• Establish account specific service plans and delivery approaches which support coverage solutions and provide continued opportunity for our product/ service exposure;
• Collaborate with Autoplan division within the CBU (Commercial Business Unit) department for clients with auto risk exposures;
• Cultivate internal relationships with a focus on referral business; and
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum of 2 year of commercial insurance experience
• Level 2 insurance license in BC or willingness to obtain highly preferred
• Proven business development and sales experience
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Client relationship focused;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
• Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize under pressure of competing deadlines;
• Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office Package.