Join us and be a pioneer for a green transport revolution.
Automotive Cells Company (ACC) is one of Europe’s newest and most exciting high-tech companies. Backed by Saft-Total, Stellantis-Opel and Mercedes-Benz, ACC is set to power the future of the automotive industry by innovating in battery technology.
We aim to produce sustainable, affordable, high-capacity, longer-life batteries as a cleaner alternative to current energy sources. We have created an R&D center and new state-of-the art facility in France (New Aquitaine), and we are building gigafactories in Hauts de France, Germany and Italy.
We need a range of skilled and agile people to bring our vision to life, especially in the areas of industrialization, mechanical design, testing/prototyping and any other function of a new-born company. If you’re looking to take your career further than you imagined, if you’re passionate about creating cleaner transport, we’d like to hear from you.
Our core Values are : Pioneering Spirit, Fast & Agile, Excellence, Greener & Cleaner !
We are also very proud of our 2023 CSR Report : https://www.acc-emotion.com/stories/accs-2022-corporate-sustainability-report
Accelerating sustainable mobility for all.
Overall job description
Operation and maintenance of analytical devices, evaluation of analytical results in relation to EV cells from stack down to chemistry level, relevant with the company roadmap and objectives.
Main missions, objectives & KPIs
- Apply their knowledge & know-how on advanced analytical techniques. (Imaging Techniques (e.g. SEM, Optical Microscopy) and Automatization Approaches for Image generation and processing).
- Perform various analytical techniques on battery materials.
- Develop and Validate QC Battery Materials Test Protocols (e.g. Imaging, Thermal Analysis, Spectroscopic Methods).
- Develop 2D Imaging Equipment in line with R&D activities.
- Operate and maintain analytical devices.
- Handle sensitive battery raw materials and samples from production line.
- Prepare analytical samples.
- Follow analytical protocols.
- Evaluate analytical results.
- Analyze and present analytical results, write reports, draw conclusions autonomously.
- Train Internship Students and Technicians on analytical techniques. (Imaging Techniques (SEM, Optical Microscopy), Thermal Analysis, Spectroscopic Methods).
- Proper support the operation of the equipment and laboratory.
- Perform a 5S Audit in the laboratory.
- Contribution in the company roadmap.
- Be up to date to the state of the art on their topic of expertise.
- Work in an international & rigorous lab environment.
- Being agile in a dynamic environment.
· Advanced analytical skills.
· Knowledge for Battery Materials Testing (e.g. Imaging, Thermal Analysis, Spectroscopic Methods).
· Operation and Maintenance processes for analytical devices.
· Good understanding of materials analysis and imaging.
· Good understanding of sensitive sample preparation.
· Good understanding of analytical testing protocols.
· Knowledge on common Li-ion battery materials and components.
Minimum 5 year of experience in similar job at analytical laboratory.
Master degree or equivalent in Chemistry/Physics/Material Science.
Analytical and sample treatment skills, organization and time-management skills, rigor in following HSE and PPE rules, initiative, result and performance motivated, creativity, inventiveness, team spirit, autonomous, good communication and social skills.
Some extra skills which make the difference
Quality control, validation, programming, statistics.
Why join us?
Our Advantages and Perks: new premises, parking spaces reserved for carpoolers, possibility of recharging your electric car on reserved spaces in our parking lot.
Other perks and advantages include : Company restaurant, meal and also vegetables/fruits baskets delivery service. Janitorial services, telecommuting, complementary retirement plan (subject to a salary threshold), additionnal & seniority leaves, well-being workshops, osteopathy sessions.
You will also benefit from access to our Sports & Culture association, conferences, and also sports, holidays and culture subsidy.
Our process usually involves 3 interviews: 2 technical and one HR.