Our vision: bringing objects to life! In the future, billions of objects around the world will be connected to the Internet; their data will be stored in the Cloud and will participate in the digitization of our environment. A simple, low-cost, low-power, global connectivity solutionis fundamental.
Each Sigfoxer is driven by the company's project to revolutionize the world!
Sigfox is the place for personal and collective challenge. Every day, nearly 44 different nationalities come together here: diversity is one of theirstrong points.
As Product manager, you work directly under a Portfolio Director and are tasked with
· establishing a roadmap for the product including its associated Strategic Partners
· leading the full life cycle of the product
· managing the product P&L
· performing on-going Product & Strategic Partners watch
· defining the right business and pricing models for the product.
The responsibilities encompass a broad range of own-made or third-party products Infrastructure products (existing and upcoming evolutions) that supports Sigfox Operators to deploy and operate 0G global network. It includes network equipments (base station, RF front-end, tools and related accessories) as well as network management system (radio planning, site/basestation management, network monitoring and reporting).
WIN / WIN MISSIONS
Product vision & roadmap:
· Aggregate, analyze, and synthetize all market needs (with quantitative & qualitative inputs) to elaborate the roadmap for your products and translate these needs into business requirements.
· Collaborate with all customers facing teams at Sigfox and Sigfox Operators to identify and understand customer needs by all possible means (direct touch, partners, internal sales teams…)
· Analyze competitive landscape to continuously maximize Sigfox key differentiators and competitive
advantage in order to create unique value of assigned products.
· Ensure that the product development is meeting and exceeding the requirements as defined by portfolio strategy
· Proactively submit proposals and align with Portfolio Director and overall product portfolio.
· Drive the product lifecycle management for your assigned products, offers and features
· Drive the product & offer development across all development teams (R&D, Ops, Legal, Marketing, Finance) by providing business requirements, collaborating on product requirements and managing priorities against budget and timeline.
· Define relevant business and pricing models for the new services (or as an evolution to the existing offer, in order to accelerate sales growth)
· Define pricing and competitive positioning for each features.
· Drive global product Go-To-Market/Sales Package of offers. This includes pricing definition, collaterals content creation, communication plan set-up & sales team training.
· Validate the end-user experience on the different product use cases.
· Put in place the right metrics (KPIs) to monitor product usage, adoption & costs in operation and drive improvement
· Maintain a clear picture of the Profit & Loss for your products based on the figures and reports provided by Finance every month. This implies to have a full view of revenue and costs.
· Propose and follow-up all possible proactive measures that will optimize the P&L in the short and long term.
· Contribute to overall portfolio budgets, forecasts and metrics as one of the major revenue stream
· Ensure the business, operational & financial follow-up to monitor the assigned product performance
· Prior to this follow-up and also on regular basis, put in place the KPIs to ensure this performance
monitoring that will evolve with the offering.
· Along with Portfolio Director, report those KPIs and define action plan to optimize the overall performance of the portfolio: offer adaptation, specific offer, costing structure reduction, …
· For innovation projects and new services (discovery method), implement small step approach to align investment vs benefit. Collect relevant data regarding planned investment and revenue (cash flows) in order to deliver objective assessment of a project opportunity.
· Support the sales team on the different offers by addressing the problematic of positioning, adaptation of the offer, …
· Centralize inputs from regions and deploy best practices to accelerate sales
· Be a customer problem expert for the managed product and the portfolio. Seek to understand and qualify real needs/pain points and continuously map the product value proposition to market needs
· Proactively engage with SO’s and customer, directly or through the different functions (TSM, CSS,…) to refine market need understanding
Strategic Partner Engagement:
· As required for the product and its evolutions, manage the chosen Strategic Partners by using the agreed methods and processes, in particular to follow-up on the Partners lifecycle milestones. Always propose possible process improvements to the team.
· Define and organize all the key Product & Strategic Partners life cycle milestones towards sales & partners (launch, promotion, end of life, etc…)
· Under ecosystem strategy, pilot the overall availability of all necessary building blocks needed for the sales.
· Work with the Portfolio Director & the ecosystem team to define & select the right new strategic partners to execute the strategy.
Product & Strategic Partners Watch:
· Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its product leadership position.
· Evaluate new offering & make recommendations
· Identify competitive advantages
· Discover and implement new Product & Strategic Partners that yield competitive advantage
· Maintain a customer-focused outlook
· Maintain current knowledge of product landscape and developments
MINDSET & KEY SKILLS
· Knowledge of wireless network equipments (basestations) and network management system
· At least 2 years of experience as product manager ideally on B2B services would be a plus
· If from a commercial or marketing background, has a technical understanding of software development
· If from a technical background, can demonstrate genuine commercial expertise and experience
· Proven ability to work successfully in a demanding, multi-faceted matrix organization (many
stakeholders across different disciplines)
· Excellent leadership skills, hands-on, ownership
· “Out of the box thinker” must be key driver contributing to the products/services roadmap and
willing to take innovative product risks while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
· Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Must have the ability to collaborate and work across all
· Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and make them easily understandable.
· Customer oriented.
· Analytical skills
· Fluent in French and English
Salary range : 35-40K+5%
Sigfox promotes inclusion and non-discrimination, and acts daily in favor of social mix, gender equality, senior citizens. As a learning organization and open minded on Diversity, Sigfox is ready to welcome Extra-ordinary people and adapt their workplace. At Sigfox, we hire personalities above all!
Every Sigfoxer is driven by the project to make things come alive (ambitious)!
Sigfox is the ideal place for personal (entrepreneurs) and collective (permanent change player) challenges. Here, 44 different nationalities live side by side: diversity is one of our strong points (multicultural). Sigfox brews lot of skills and positions and everyone keeps learning (humble) & contributes to the success (experts) of the company.