The Group of the European People's Party (EPP Group) is the largest political group in the European Parliament. It brings together center and center-right pro-European political forces from the Member States of the EU, coming together to advance the goal of a more competitive and democratic Europe, closer to its citizens, and a social market economy. Its multinational secretariat provides political, administrative and technical support to its MEPs.
The Press Officer - fulfils a supranational function within the EPP Group Secretariat, and assists all
EPP Members of the European Parliament in carrying out their duties, particularly as regards
information and communication activities.
The main tasks of the Press Officer are:
- Communicating between the EPP Group and the Bulgarian media and authorities;
- Preparing press releases, notes and publications on subjects in their field of expertise;
- Drafting documents for the media;
- Following of the legislative work of parliamentary committees;
- Organising and following up meetings with journalists and other interlocutors;
- Contributing in communication activity necessary for the smooth running of the Group.
The post of Press Officer in the Secretariat of the EPP Group requires great availability (high frequency of meetings, irregular working hours), flexibility, judgement, a methodical approach, discretion, adaptability to varying workloads, as well as the capacity for teamwork in an international environment. Suitable candidates must, amongst other things, be capable of grasping wide-ranging problems and of responding rapidly to changing circumstances.
Frequent travel outside the place of work is required, in particular several days per month in Strasbourg during the plenary session.
Candidates must have: