Founded in 2011, Agronutris is the first French biotechnology company specializing in the breeding and processing of insects into proteins. Insects represent an innovative and sustainable solution to the environmental and social challenges of our society. They are capable of transforming Agro-Industry co-products into high value ingredients for the animal feed markets, thus contributing to the development of a circular economy.
Our ambition is to play a leading role in the emergence of this industry.
We want to create a fair and sustainable food chain, placing people at the heart of our adventure. Indeed, at Agronutris, we have chosen to move towards new forms of living organizations based on meaning, freedom and shared governance. This is reflected in the daily actions of our teams. In particular, each member of Agronutris is totally free to choose, according to his or her skills and aspirations, the places and subjects in which he or she feels he or she can best contribute to the shared ambition.
If you are passionate about sustainability issues, if you want to take part in a human adventure that gives meaning to action and if you want to be an actor in a collaborative organization, join us!
You will join the Research team of our R&D center located in Saint-Orens-de-Gameville (31), and participate in the various research programmes on our Black Soldier Fly (BSF). Your mission :
- Integrate the R&D topics on BSF nutrition at the different stages of its life cycle.
- To support the teams working on raw material sourcing for the validation of raw materials that can be used in BSF feed: on the nutritional and rheological aspects of the raw materials and to build up a database containing the results.
- Characterise the rheology of the BSF feed and improve it according to the needs of BSF and industrial constraints.
- Formulate complete feeds for BSF according to nutritional, rheological, ecological and economic criteria and identify the impact of these new feeds on the final quality of the product: insect meal.
Design, organise, implement, monitor and analyse trials to validate the hypotheses and their applicability on an industrial scale.
Support the R&D team in its organisation and the definition of its strategic orientations.
- Participate in various working groups
The skills and qualities of our future colleague
- 5 years of higher education in the scientific sector (biology, agronomy)
- You have at least 8 years' experience in animal nutrition, ideally in pigs
- If possible, you have already had experience in the insect sector
- With knowledge of feed rheology, such as pig soup.
- Data analysis skills (database processing, statistical analysis)
- Autonomous with a sense of initiative
- Enjoys organising and participating in the set-up of trials
- Able to take a step back
- Team player